The chronic heart failure (CHF) market is a mature market that has been slowly overtaken by generic drugs, and more branded products are expected to lose market exclusivity during the next few years. GlobalData predicts that the major global barriers that will play a crucial role in narrowing the global growth of the CHF market over the forecast period include the sparsely populated CHF pipeline and an increasing number of generic competitors in a market that is already heavily laden with generic drugs.
However, the market entry of entry of Novartis’ LCZ-696, the first novel, branded CHF drug to enter the market in five years, will noticeably enhance the overall market size during the forecast period. LCZ-696 is currently being evaluated in a trial for patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HF-REF), but if clinical trial data continue to demonstrate the drug’s efficacy in patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HF-PEF), and it gains approval for use in this population, it will be the first drug to show efficacy in this largely underserved patient population. In addition, increased use of MRAs over the forecast period in all seven major markets (7MM) will contribute to the increase in the global CHF market size.
To Read The Complete Report with TOC : http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis-details/pharmapoint-chronic-heart-failure-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022
- Overview of CHF, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized CHF therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2011-2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the CHF therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, including both pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapeutic approaches.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CHF therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Market Model Features
An interactive excel forecast model based on primary research interviews and surveys with KOLs and high-prescribing physicians is included in this report*. This patient based model provides diagnosis rates, patient segmentation, treatment rates, annual costs of therapy , and indication-specific drug sales for the 10 year forecast period. The forecast model is robust, fully transparent, and easy to navigate. Moreover, our models support data presented in the reports and the complete methodology is outlined in the report and the model.
*Model only available with site and global license purchases.
- An increasing number of generic competitors present a significant barrier to growth in a market already heavily laden with generic drugs.
- The launch of Novartis’s LCZ-696, a new market entrant, will drive the overall growth of the CHF market in the 7MM during 2012-2022.
- To date, no drug has demonstrated sufficient efficacy in the HF-PEF segment of the CHF population in large-scale clinical trials. This unmet need presents a large opportunity for investment by drug developers.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- Although the CHF market has numerous well-established therapies, it is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the CHF market?
- The late-stage CHF developmental pipeline is sparsely populated, however, the early stage pipeline is more active and consists of novel pharmacological as well as non-pharmacological therapeutic approaches. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the CHF market? What are the earlier-stage novel, approaches that drug developers are pursuing?
- Although the incidence of CHF in the US has been relatively constant during the last decade, its prevalence has been gradually increasing. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
To Buy a Copy Of This Report: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/169913
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CHF therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CHF therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global CHF therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
MarketResearchReports.Biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are especially designed to save time and money of our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948